On Saturday I attended an event at Student Central, formerly known as the University of London Union (ULU), on Malet Street – for more details please click here. Student Central is walkable from many stations, and as it is far more than just a student venue, this post aims to set out these various connections.
STATIONS FROM WHICH IT IS WALKABLE
Student Central is walkable from the following stations:
- Russell Square – Piccadilly line
- Tottenham Court Road – Central and Northern lines, soon to be Elizabeth line.
- Goodge Street – Northern line
- Euston – Northern and Victoria lines, mainline railways.
- Euston Square – Circle, Hammersmith and City & Metropolitan lines
- King’s Cross St Pancras – Circle, Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan, Northern, Piccadilly, Victoria, main line railways
- Warren Street – Northern and Victoria
For those coming into London from outside, the best routes from the main places at which you would arrive and which are not within walking distance are:
- Finsbury Park if on a stopper from Cambridge or Peterborough – straight choice between Victoria to Euston or Piccadilly to Russell Square
- Moorgate – Metropolitan/ Circle/ Hammersmith & City to Euston Square or Northern to Euston
- Liverpool Street – Metropolitan/ Circle/ Hammersmith & City to Euston Square or Central to Tottenham Court Road.
- Fenchurch Street – Circle line to Euston Square.
- London Bridge – Northern line to Euston
- Victoria (including the Coach Station) – Victoria line to Warren Street
- Waterloo – Northern to Tottenham Court Road
- Paddington – Hammersmith and City to Euston Square – do not be tempted by the fact that the District & Circle lines have a station officially designated as Paddington – the Hammersmith and City platforms are structurally part of the main station.
- Marylebone – walk to Baker Street and get and eastbound train to Euston Square.
Here to end this post is a map showing Student Central…